Thursday, July 9, 2009

Kota Kinabalu Obsession..


My obsession with Kota Kinabalu began way back in 2007 when I saw some pics of my former schoolmates at Friendsters website posing at the peak of a mountain. The scenery caught my attention and I know it was not taken from the Philippines. As I browsed more of their photos I discovered it was from Mt. Kinabalu in Sabah Malaysia. Wow, they were able to conquer one of the highest mountain in SE asia..I promised myself that one day I will climb that mountain. Then searching of information about the place began..I read many articles, travel guides and blogs about Kota Kinabalu (or KK for short) and made some clippings on OneNote. It aroused my interest more. KK is a very interesting place. There is a lot to see and to do aside climbing Mt. Kinabalu. I also learned it's not that hard to reach the peak but it needs physical stamina and of course strong legs for the strenuous climb..I am confident I got that. hehe. wanna bet? My excitement with the place subsided when no one from my friends wanted to do the climb with me. They're not that adventurous like me..I became absorbed with my daily workloads in the Power Plant and forgot it for a while.

Then last March I met someone from Australia via internet who also loves adventures.. we emailed and become friends. He wanted to see me in person but I told him I will only meet him at KK. He agreed and so here I am now preparing for the meet ups on July 19, 2009. I will be there on the 18th and head back home on the 25th. I am excited and yet a bit afraid as this will be my first time to travel abroad. But, hopefully, this will be the start of me being a wanderer..

Next Blog: My preparations..

No comments:

Post a Comment